“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
My name is Scott Schumacher, and I help solo practitioners – those who are full of passion and purpose for their chosen field – to show up fully and intentionally – as their best self – in their business and life endeavors. My clients are often healers, artists, entrepreneurs, coaches, therapists, workshop leaders, musicians, herbalists, etc. – innovative and forward-thinking people – who have a strong desire to change the world.
I’ve been a solo business owner since 1999 and have worn many hats over the years: counselor, health educator, marketer, information technology specialist, massage therapist, Reiki master teacher, web designer, vocalist (I’m a classically trained tenor), non-profit founder and administrator, and holistic life and business coach.
Every solopreneur faces challenges, fears, obstacles, and opportunities – sometimes even daily (or hourly!). I strive to be a partner in co-creating the courage, success, and life you wish to step into.
Whether I’m coaching a client, or consulting on a creative project, the process begins with listening and deep inquiry.
Some questions I often ask are:
What’s the most important goal or desire in your life or business right now?
What are you being pulled toward?
What are you chasing, and what’s chasing you?
What’s working well for you, and how are you changing?
How do you know you’ve changed?
Where are you showing up “small” and what would you do if you could show up “bigger” in your business or your life?
More about me:
- I’m a lover of nature and an avid practitioner of holistic wellness in my own life.
- I’ve been antibiotic and prescription drug free since 1996.
- I’ve created my own herbal remedies, tinctures, and personal care products. I love trail hiking and labyrinth walks (I’ve even helped build a few stone labyrinths).
- My holistic background and lifestyle has influenced me to look at the “whole picture” of life and “life purpose” in creative ways within myself, and as I work with others.
- I love Yoga and Weight Training (though I’m a happy novice with both of these!)
- I am NOT a fundamentalist – of ANY sort. I have friends of many diverse backgrounds, races, sexual and gender identities, political viewpoints, and spiritual beliefs. I’m a Christian but my best friend is as Atheist as they come. I’m as comfortable sharing a table with vegans and vegetarians (I was one for ten years!) as I am spending a few hours with other friends at the shooting range trying to improve my aim. I don’t mind the fun banter when I’m the “TGG” (token gay guy) at my regular game night gathering. You won’t see or hear me adding fuel to an already deeply divided and polarized nation. I believe this attitude makes me a better coach and a better friend and human.
- I’ve volunteered on a suicide crisis line and have held the hands of those facing life and death change and transition. I’ve experienced my share of fear, strife, loss, grief, and setbacks in life – so I get the real stuff too. I’m not afraid to hold an open “heart-space” (both professionally or personally) during someone’s darkest times when there’s a need for support or an encouraging “believing mirror”.
- I’m a firm believer that in our vulnerability, we shine a light for ourselves and others to share in the great gifts we have of compassion, grace, and love.
- For fun, I love playing tennis, singing over-the-top Broadway tenor ballads, and doing paranormal historical research (I dig through very old newspapers, genealogy, and cemetery records to find out who that ghost in your house might be!).
But in all seriousness, I’m here to be fully present with you as you navigate through deep change and transformation in your solo business, creative venture, or life in general.