I’m looking for a roommate
Greetings! My name is Scott, and I’m looking for a roommate in Northfield, MN.
There’s a form at the bottom of this page that you MUST FILL OUT. I will GET BACK TO YOU if I’m interested!
I’m looking for the right fit most of all, and also need someone who can be approved by the management company I rent from, so that they can be added to the lease. Lease terms are 6 months, and I’m in the last stages of a lease that ends on Sept 30. I’d need a roommate to be committed to staying until the end of the next 6 month lease, through March 30th at least.
Why? My folks are getting older and I’m an only child, so I’ll be visiting them quite a bit this winter. I thought of moving all together to live closer to them, but I love my apartment and I love having a home base in Northfield. I work from home with my own business, so I can live wherever i want and travel. Cutting my expenses just helps me to help my folks out and helps me to travel more.
Here are my requirements:
- Non-Smoking and NO DRUGS (no 420 either). This is non-negotiable, even if you smoke but say you won’t smoke inside. You MUST be a non-smoker. NO EXCEPTIONS. NON-NEGOTIABLE. Ok. I think I’m perfectly clear on this.
- Be comfortable that you’ll be living with a bi/gay man in his 40s. I’m single (divorced even). I do go on dates sometimes, and sometimes (though not overly at all), dates may come over briefly before movies or going out. I’m not overly political and I get along with most everyone from all sides of the religion/politics spectrum. You just have to be ok that your roommate is gay.
- I have a dog (and you won’t be responsible for her care), but because she’s a small dog, 11 years old, and has never lived with children, I can’t have children in the apartment. I tell friends to not bring their small children over because they can agitate my dog without knowing that they are doing so. She’s great with adults, and a good burglar alarm as she will bark at people she doesn’t know.
- I can’t have any other pets in the apartment, so no additional dogs or cats.
- You should be employed currently or be a student.
- You’ll need to pass a background check and fill out a $40 application with my apartment managment company.
I’d like a roommate who can stay at least until the end of Fall Semester (December 2018). You’ll be added to the lease, but you can also stay longer or be released without a long term commitment if you like after December.
What’s cool about having me as a roommate?
Even though I’m in my 40s, I have a youthful outlook on life and no one ever can guess that I’m about 10-15 years older than I look. I play tennis, I sing, and I’d like to think I have a positive outlook. I’m SUPER INTO a holistic lifestyle. You’ll likely learn a lot about herbal remedies, sustainability, alternative medicine and healing modalities, longevity, etc, just by being around me for any length of time. I own my own business and do what I love, and I love to inspire others to do what they love as well. I’m a middle-of-the-road moderate who respects all people, walks of life, and I don’t care about your politics. Once my dog knows you, she’s super loving, and will melt your heart! I’m also assertive, so if there’s an issue, I’ll let you know and we can discuss it, rather than putting on the typical “Minnesota Passive-Aggressive” stance. I’m really self-responsible and self-reliant, so I’m not going to put my problems onto you. I expect the same in return so that if we get to be friends too, its all based on mutual respect because we allow others to be self-regulating.